(123)456 7890 [email protected]

How to stop the next mass shooting

How to stop the next mass shooting

A federal judge on Monday halted a lawsuit filed by the families of five members of a church in Minnesota who died when an armed man opened fire at their church.

U.S. District Judge Barbara Walther said in her ruling that the suit should be dismissed because the plaintiffs’ claims did not show “a likelihood of success.”

The suit, filed in June 2017, seeks to force the Justice Department to provide answers about how many of the shooting victims had been investigated for domestic violence or child abuse before the rampage.

Walther said the plaintiffs had presented evidence that was “vaguely” sufficient to show the Department of Justice had “failed to properly investigate and respond to” their claims.

She also noted that some of the defendants were veterans, who had served in the military.

The families have said they were seeking answers about the investigation of the church shooter, whose name was not released because he was being held in jail pending trial.

The Justice Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.